Monday, August 17, 2009

Has it REALLY been that long?

I found myself last fall getting very busy at work, very busy at home, and just too busy to keep up with all the many writing projects I had set for myself. In addition to maintaining a steady stream of writing for several blogs, I had some projects I wanted to get done around the house and yard before winter set in. So I just had to step back and consider what plates I could keep in the air and which ones to let crash to the ground. This blog was one of the early casualties of my busy schedule, but I'm quite happy to see that it is still just sitting here dormant, waiting for a little attention from me.

I want to update you briefly on my current situation, and maybe some of you will benefit from the information. Sine the focus here is on wellness after 50, I want to bring you information primarily about STAYING healthy as we age. But from time to time, despite our best efforts, the aging process does rear its ugly head and something simply goes wrong. That was the case at the end of the year, and the early weeks of 2009. In the coming days I will set aside some time to talk about a new little situation I'm learning to deal with, and perhaps we can exchange some information about it. I have spinal stenosis and foraminal stenosis in my cervical spine (neck) and upper back. It grabbed my complete attention while we were visiting family in Virginia, and for several days I could think of little else. But now, with the help of a combination of very powerful drugs, I'm doing quite well. Look for this article to post here by next weekend.
Meanwhile, please contact me by e-mail. I enjoy hearing from each of you and so far I've been able to answer all the messages. I'm hope to be taking on some paid writing assignments this fall, but I will try to do a better job of keeping this blog update n a regular basis too.
Meanwhile, if you or anyone you know is experiencing back pain, or any other chronic pain, please visit my website - http://backpaincomfort.com You can get a totally FREE Stretching Handbook on that site that might help relieve or even prevent back pain.

No comments: